Junior Fair Trash Can Decorating Contest 2019
Posted: Aug 7, 2019
Trash Can Decorating Contest
Judging: Monday, August 26, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. in the Old Coliseum
Theme: “STARK COUNTY JUNIOR FAIR with 80’s Flair!”
This contest is held to encourage creative art skills and cleanliness of the fairgrounds. It is open to any youth organization represented at the Stark County Junior Fair.
- Must be a 55-gallon steel drum which will be provided free of charge. Limit one can per club.
- At least 5 holes, which are at least ½ inch in diameter in size, must be punched in the bottom of the drum
- NO SHARP EDGES(especially on the rim of the drum)
- Must be painted with a semi-gloss finish, no raised surfaces allowed (Puffy paint, etc.)
- Design must cover front and back of the drum
- The club name and the theme must be painted on the drum in a place easily visible. All artwork must be completely the work of the club’s members.
- Entries must be checked in at the Junior Fair Board Food Stand on Monday, August 26, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Judging is at 5:30 p.m.
- Drums must be displayed during the entire fair.
- All drums become the property of Junior Fair and will remain permanently at the fairgrounds.
- Failure to submit a properly prepared barrel or failure to comply with any other contest rule will result in disqualification of the entry.
- Premiums will be awarded to the top five trash cans: $25, $20, $15, $10, and $5. All other participating trash cans will be awarded $2.00
- Decision of the judge(s) will be final
- Scoring: Originality (25 points); Neatness (25 points); Creativity (25 points) and Use of Theme (25 points).
- ID tag will be issued by Junior Fair Board representative. Please fill out completely and place on the inside of the barrel.
Contact: Julie Pinter, Junior Fair Coordinator for questions
330-455-7856 office · 330.606.5313 mobile · firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Fair Booth Decorating 2019!
Posted: Jun 27, 2019
2019 EXHIBIT HALL (4-H BUILDING)
BOOTH EXHIBIT GUIDELINES
- Exhibits may be placed in booths from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. on Saturday, August 24, 2019; 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. on Sunday, August 25, 2019; and 9:00 A.M. to Noon on Monday, August 26, 2019. All displays and booths must be in place by NOON on Monday, August 26, 2019.
- No exhibits may be removed before 9:00 A.M. on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Removal times are 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. on Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
- 2019 Booth Exhibit Theme: “Stark County Fair with 80’s Flair! “
- Club name and members’ names should be clearly displayed in the booth. Your organization symbol and colors should be evident.
- No food, vegetables or fresh flowers are to be exhibited in the booth. Models or replicas of these items are acceptable.
- No electricity is available to the booths and no mechanical, audio or lighting displays are permitted.
- Booths will receive a cash award of $15.00 for exhibiting.
- All materials used in the booths should be flame retardant. No hay or straw bales.
- Do not display any item that cannot be replaced.Theft and vandalism, while not frequent, sometimes do occur.
- The recommended minimum requirement for booths is the exhibit of at least one project per member. More items may be exhibited, if desired. Exhibit of the project book is encouraged, but optional.
- Items exhibited must represent the project taken by using pictures, food models, objects made, educational poster or displays. Because food will spoil and can attract rodents or insects, NO FOOD WILL BE EXHIBITED.
- Booths are meant primarily for the exhibit of non-livestock (home economics, still exhibits) projects. Livestock projects may have representative displays (space permitting), but members may not collect a booth premium for a livestock project if they are also exhibiting their animal at the fair.
- No staples, tacks, screws or nails may be used to fasten material to the pegboard. Fasteners may be attached to the top and sides of the 2 x 4 frame only. Check with the 4-H office or Junior Fair Coordinator for suggestions.
Please reserve your 4-H Club Booth for 2019 Stark County Fair with Julie Pinter, Jr Fair Coordinator by July 15, 2019. email@example.com or 455-7856 office
2019 Jr Fair Theme: “Stark County Fair with 80’s Flair!”
2020 Junior Fair Board Application
Click Here to Print and Complete your Junior Fairboard Application! Interviews will be in October/November for the new season! Please turn them in by Labor Day. :)