Trash Can Decorating Contest
Judging: Monday, August 26, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. in the Old Coliseum
Theme: “STARK COUNTY JUNIOR FAIR with 80’s Flair!”
This contest is held to encourage creative art skills and cleanliness of the fairgrounds. It is open to any youth organization represented at the Stark County Junior Fair.
- Must be a 55-gallon steel drum which will be provided free of charge. Limit one can per club.
- At least 5 holes, which are at least ½ inch in diameter in size, must be punched in the bottom of the drum
- NO SHARP EDGES(especially on the rim of the drum)
- Must be painted with a semi-gloss finish, no raised surfaces allowed (Puffy paint, etc.)
- Design must cover front and back of the drum
- The club name and the theme must be painted on the drum in a place easily visible. All artwork must be completely the work of the club’s members.
- Entries must be checked in at the Junior Fair Board Food Stand on Monday, August 26, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Judging is at 5:30 p.m.
- Drums must be displayed during the entire fair.
- All drums become the property of Junior Fair and will remain permanently at the fairgrounds.
- Failure to submit a properly prepared barrel or failure to comply with any other contest rule will result in disqualification of the entry.
- Premiums will be awarded to the top five trash cans: $25, $20, $15, $10, and $5. All other participating trash cans will be awarded $2.00
- Decision of the judge(s) will be final
- Scoring: Originality (25 points); Neatness (25 points); Creativity (25 points) and Use of Theme (25 points).
- ID tag will be issued by Junior Fair Board representative. Please fill out completely and place on the inside of the barrel.
Contact: Julie Pinter, Junior Fair Coordinator for questions
330-455-7856 office · 330.606.5313 mobile · firstname.lastname@example.org